Attributes: Invested 2/3 in Health & 1/3 in Magika
Perks: Two-handed, Blocking, Light Armor & Restoration
Getting things moving again we head to Riften to report to the Dawnguard. These sessions take us all the way to Riften and back West through Whiterun as we search Skyrim for Gunmar and Sorine.
Play rules are generally a work in progress until around level 10 this is what I have established so far:
Daily prayer to Tu'whacca - Prayer takes place either during the twilight hours of morning or evening. The time of day is symbolic of the transition from light or dark, life and death.
Undead as victims - Undead are viewed as venerated ancestors who have been victimized and turned into something ugly. The raised dead are not despised but pitied and their destruction is considered an act of mercy.
Make room for the living - The philosophy behind the destruction of undead is not only based upon the Redguard's culture of ancestor worship but also the idea that the realm of Mundas is for living souls and to allow a dead soul to wander Mundas is to deny a living one.
- Ten Dragons - Ten Dragon's Tea and the Dragon's Tongue blossoms it is made from are important to Raydien and symbolic of the flame of passion in his heart and memories of his mother. Collecting the blossoms and making the tea is a ritual he may perform in times of memory.
- Ritual Memory - Ritual memory is a time of extended meditation in which ancestors are remembered and their deeds of both good and ill are recalled. The ritual honors those who are gone and also keeps alive the memory of their mistakes and faults as well as their successes and legends.
- Places of Power and Service - Raydien will always visit houses of the dead and graveyards out of respect. While there he will often look for signs of the raised dead. In addition, he fill offer his services with preparation of the dead for burial. His background as a member of the Ash'abah tribes has given him extensive background in the procedures and rituals of burial as well as a healthy curiosity about the burial customs of others.
- Arkay - Raydien has been taught, by his mother, the religious equivalencies of Tamriel's Imperial pantheons to the Yokudan gods. As such he will often pray at shrines to Arkay while invoking the name of Tu'whacca.
- Dark Intent - The feeling that comes over him when un-death is near.
- The Departed Toll - Those who are released by Raydien pay a departed toll which will call them back to fight with him in times of trouble. They are eventually released from the obligation and set free to travel to the Far Shores. This is an ability that none of his people have and seems to be completely unique to him. His mother was in awe of it but many other Ash'abah were frightened by his ability to do this and his apparent acceptance of it as "normal".